The Plague Cross was constructed on the slope of Pali-Malla Road en route to the Pali Market in 1897 as a mark of Thanksgiving by the survivors of the Plague epidemic.

The Malla Community organised the annual Cross Feast on the 24th May evening. It was attended by around 30 residents. Ruth Fernandes conducted the Rosary which was followed by refreshments.