Parish Prayer Group
The St. Anne’s Parish Prayer Group meets every Monday from 7:30 to 9pm in the church. We have around 80 members, Ordinary men and women whose lives have been renewed “charismatically” by the power of the Holy Spirit and have now entered into a living relationship with Jesus. It means listening every day to the voice and guidance of the Holy Spirit and doing everything in his strength, and doing it all for the glory of God.
As Zechariah reminds us: “Not by might, not by power, but by My Spirit, says the Lord.” (Zechariah 4:6).
- Our meetings center around praise and worship, empowered by the gift of tongues and a teaching from the scriptures.
- Eucharistic Adoration is held once a month, where prayers are offered for the needs of the church.
- We have seen many healings through prayer and the laying-on of hands and we persist in prayer for those who are sick and not healed.
- We have a desire to be witnesses, people now know they can trust in God’s promises – He is faithful.
- The charismatic gift of prophecy is one of the ways God speaks to us, through the power of the Holy Spirit we are made aware of the sin in our life and how much we need His grace to grow in holiness and live a true Christian life.
We have Home Cell Groups.
Intercessory Prayer Cell: Scheme Zone, 8 – 9 pm ( Wednesday)
Biblical Cell: Rajan Zone – 11 – 1 pm (Thursday)
Youth Cell: Sherly Zone – 8 – 9.30 pm (Friday)
OUR MINISTRIES: Intercession, Praise and Worship, Reaching out to the sick & Evangelization. We have a SMS ministry to keep in touch with our members as well as to circulate prayer requests.
Our youth have ministered at Confirmation Retreats, Night Vigils as well as to (9th & 10th std) children at School Retreats.
LEADERSHIP – Prayer group leader – Audrey D’Mello
Core group members – Jean Prabhu, Merwyn Barrot, Sandra Fernandes, Mikhail D’Souza, Cynthia Misquita.
As St. Paul wrote to Timothy “Fan into a flame the gift that God gave you when I laid my hands on you” (2 Tim. 1:6). Our responsibility then is to live this grace, trusting in the Lord, and sharing it with everyone we meet.
We have our own Facebook page to share the faith – St. Annes Parish Prayer Family. To view this, click here.