The Society of St. Vincent de Paul currently has 11 active members. We invite more parishioners, specially the youth, to join in this work of reaching out to the needy and underprivileged of our parish.
President: Mr Stanny D’Souza
Vice-President: Mrs Shirley de Souza
Secretary: Mrs Elaine Pimento
Treasurer: Mr Frank D’Souza
Spiritual Director: Fr. Clement de Lima
Weekly Meeting: Thursday, 5.45 pm in the Parlour
1. Attending the weekly meeting.
2. A weekly visit, usually in two’s, to the families allotted to us.
- Aid in Cash to needy families and individuals.
- Educational Assistance: School fees and extra coaching fees. In June, at the start of the academic year: Annual/Term fees, school books, uniforms, schoolbags, rainwear, etc.
- Medical Aid
- One-Time Payments for major operations, educational or other special needs.
The SSVP is here to help …
If there is a family or any person in need of help, please present the case, in writing, at any Thursday meeting. After careful investigation, the required help will be provided, to the extent permitted.
Annual Festive Cheer
There are two Annual Celebrations for our aided families: A Christmas Party. And a Get-together following St.Vincent de Paul’s Feast when deserving students receive educational awards.
Hampers are also distributed twice a year – at Christmas and at Easter.
The SSVP Outreach is financed by the Parish Community Fund and voluntary donations (which are always welcome).