Hope & Life Movement
St Anne’s Unit Of the Hope and Life Movement was inaugurated in June 1987. It is a Movement for widows.
AIM: to help widows find their identity and emotional stability.
Meeting up with others who share a common loss helps to get back confidence and move on.
Praying for one another & comforting one another is also very helpful.
Regular meetings are held at 5:00pm every Third Thursday of the month at Prithikunj Convent, Carter Road.
- Mass, Bible-sharing, Rosary, Stations of the Cross, talk by the Spiritual Director.
- Average attendance at every meeting is 25. Followed by a Fellowship at which Birthdays are celebrated. A game of Housie is conducted which is the main attraction.
- All activities organised by the Central Comm Esp Annual Day Pilgrimages,Recollections and Picnics are attended by our Parish group.
- During Christmas and Easter we reach out to the home-bound with sweets.
- Celebrate Christmas with fun and games at some institutions.
- Annual visits are made to the Clergy Home.
- A contribution of Rs.1000/- is given annually to St. Francis Xavier School, Sherly.
Contact person: Mrs. Antoinette Pereira – Cell: 9821581423
To view the news item on the 25th anniversary celebration, click here.